Sunday, February 20, 2011

Every Action Has An Equal or Opposite Reaction...

Hello World,

First of all, a very special shout out to the Griffith family! I was suprised and flattered to be told that each of them follow my blog and support me in this journey. Thank you so much for being there to support me and more importantly, welcoming me into your family. Rachel- the shower was wonderful and so was the food. I definitely cheated when I got to your house. I had 4 meatballs, 2 spoonfuls of the queso chili dip and a handful of chips. I don't even want to know how many points that was.

On to reflecting...

The past week was my period week and I've accepted the fact that it is nearly impossible to lose weight while mother nature is visiting, not only from the extra water weight and stuff, but also because my eating habits change. Although I didn't eat terrible, I did not stick to logging in my points every day. I don't know if it was because I was afraid of going over and I wanted to live in ignorance or if it was because I didn't really care. This month was pretty bad. My cramps and mood, poor Josh! I stayed pretty consistant though with working out and I stayed the same weight as when I started my period weighing 147 and some odd ounces. Today I weighed myself and I weigh the same, even after eating pretty badly in Albany. We ate at a hibachi place last night so I'm also guessing tomorrow and the day after more weight will come off because Jap and Chinese food sit heavy in your stomach like pizza or hamburger.

So to tie in the title of today's post: I have come to realize that every action I take to lose weight (or simply maintain) will incure an equal reaction, in which I'll lose weight if I'm good, or an opposite reaction, in which I will gain weight if I am bad. I know this isn't rocket science, but seeing the proof in front of me helps me make sense of this balance.

I am going to seriously blog every day this week because I want to get down to 144 or even 143. Mine and Josh's anniversary is next weekend and we are going to Daytona Beach to relax and spend time together. It would be nice to also celebrate reaching another goal weight. If I hit 144 that would be a total of 8 pounds lost in 6 weeks. Not too shabby!

Ok, so I'm going to be honest with myself and calculate the weight I have left to lose with my current weight at 147....I have 20 pounds left to lose and I have 81 days left to do it!

Thank you for all of your support and I'll "see" you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Where's my shout-out as your exercise partner???

    "I want your pants, your boots, and your motorcycle..."

    ReplyDelete