Friday, January 21, 2011

Glorious Ray of HOPE

Hello World,

Today was teacher planning day and I am so proud of myself for the choices I made for breakfast and for lunch.

So of course, this morning in the main office there was orange juice, coffee and DONUTS! I could smell it before I even saw it. They looked so good on the counter, in all the varieties (btw Krispy Kreme makes the chocolate cake donut again...unfortunately *sigh*) I wanted to eat one or five so bad, but...I reminded myself of how hard I'd worked the week prior to lose those three fabulous pounds. I signed in, shmoozed with the teachers and walked right back out empty handed :). I didn't even have half of one. I went to my classroom and had a fiber plus bar that held me until lunch.

At lunch time, my mom called me and asked if I wanted to join her and some of the other DuPont teachers at Hala Cafe. I was starving and it was a free meal so of course, I said yes! When I got there, I ordered water and the buffet. I only had one plate, which I am proud of and I didn't pile food on it. All I got was two tbs of Hummus, a half of a pita, three falafel patties and a spoonful of chicken, zucchini and squash. All of this totaled to eight points. I was satisfied and didn't go up for seconds. I went back to my classroom and continued to work.

After work, I went to the JCA for the first time this week and worked out. Although I am exhausted, I feel amazing. I cheated though and hopped on the scale before I got in the shower when I got home and the scale says that I am exactly where I left off after all of the temptations and urges I had this week to eat terrible snacks! I feel so relieved and my hope is restored! It is amazing to know that there is a light at the end of this looong tunnel and I am chugging along to get there.

Thank you guys for all of your fabulous encouragement...I dedicate the past two weeks of this journey to you guys. Cheers! (with water and lemon of course)

139 days left! And 22 pounds left to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment