Sunday, January 9, 2011

Off to a good start

Hello World,

Today marks day 2 of this 150 day journey to weight loss and a better self. After reading all of the messages you all have been sending and the incredible advice that is being offered, I feel like I have a "support group", if you will, to help me through these long days. I am quite surprised actually at how many private responses I got that shared your individual stories and offered them as pieces of motivation. I thank you guys very much and I am flattered that you are joining/ watching me make this commitment to myself and you are there every step of the way.

Today I woke up and I looked in the mirror. For the first time, I smiled upon the thought of ,"Wow...I am actually going to do this!" I let Josh sleep in a little and I made my way to the gym. Before I left I ate a bowl of cereal (3/4 cup of Golden Grahams and 1/2 cup of skim milk = 4 points). I did 45 minutes of Cardio because my legs were very tired from yesterday and 45 minutes of weight lifting. When I left the gym, I felt tired, but good. I got home and resisted the urge to jump on the scale...my next weigh in will be a week from yesterday, so next Saturday. For lunch Josh and I both had turkey sandwiches. I ate an orange and he ate a salad with his. (2 slices of Pepperidge Farm Light wheat bread, Publix turkey breast, reduced fat provolone cheese, and an orange= 5 points). To satisfy my chocolate craving, I broke off half of a 2 inch x 2 inch brownie, so I guess I had a 2 inch x 1 inch piece. For one brownie it is 4 points, but I only ate half so I am tracking 2 points.

I must say it felt really good to be satisfied by so little chocolate. I will be very honest, I have a tendancy to binge on it. :( One fun sized piece of candy can easily turn into 6 or 7 in an hour. It's crazy!

For dinner I am making a reduced fat (lean ground beef- 98% fat free) hamburger patty...still deciding if I want to put 2% cheddar cheese on it, but absolutely no bun and baked asparagus. I usually drizzle a little bit of Extra Virgin olive oil and one tsp. of parmesan cheese, but if I want cheddar on my burger than I can't have parm on my asparagus. That's just a rule I made for myself...too much cheese in one day. :P

Today has been an overall good day. I don't feel frustrated or down on myself, only tired from working out two days back to back. I did this because I have class tomorrow night so I won't be working out until Tuesday.

148 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment